Wednesday, May 16, 2012

PICTURES!

My camera broke last week, so here are some pictures that my friend Lindsey has taken. 

 These are some of the adorable neighbors that came to the yard to watch us play volleyball.

 This is the band that played traditional tribal music for us and taught us how to dance during our first week. 

 This is the largest waterfall in Ghana. It is only 13 km from our home. If you look closely you can see bats in the upper left hand corner. There were hundreds of them!

 Look I'm still alive! Enjoying the restaurant at Big Milly's Backyard this weekend. 

 A little tired out in our room at Big Milly's 

 Anna and I enjoying our porch at Big Milly's

 On Kokrobite beach for the weekend 


 The sun sets at 6pm, but it is still beautiful!

 Dying the traditional batik fabric

 Our finished products!



3 comments:

  1. To an amazing young woman,

    I'm not even sure how I came across this...Luck? Faith?

    Congrats on your placement. I look forward to keeping up with your journey.

    Press on and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I KNEW you would do wonderful things with your wonderful tenacity and wonderful heart.

    Love and prayers,
    Mrs. Conrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii haha I'm glad you've been blogging so often :) gives me hope haha
    My iPad is not conducive at all but I love hearing your stories, I mentioned you in my blog haha I tried to update it for a weeks worth of stuff but the connection was so shaky it didn't publish :( love seeing your pictures!! I posted mine too on Facebook!!! Check th out. Haha we need a weekend excursion to see giraffes!!

    ReplyDelete